TAB, based in Edinburgh, is the first audience development agency to be established in Scotland. TAB works on behalf of around 30 arts organisations in and around Edinburgh, including most theatres, galleries, festivals and touring companies.
“Our aim is to help develop audiences for the arts, for the mutual benefit and enjoyment of local communities, visitors and arts organisations.”
TAB’s web site has been developed to help clarify and promote the role and importance of audience development to the arts. It is aimed at all those currently working in the arts, or those who would like to know more about us and the work we do.
Hopefully, in time this site can become an essential tool for our subscribers and those we work closely with, to keep up to date with current activities, share information and good practice, and keep in touch with each other.
The Audience Business has been leading audience development in Edinburgh for four years, planning and delivering a range of audience development campaigns, managing and disseminating audience research and fostering collaboration and partnerships.Since its establishment in October 1998, TAB has:
- Helped increase visits to the arts in Edinburgh from 3.33 millions in 1998 to 3.64 in 2002.
- Delivered over 20 strategic audience development campaigns, covering a wide range of audience segments, from disadvantaged young people and taxi drivers, to contemporary arts lovers and cultural tourists.
- Monitored its activities consistently, to ensure all arts organisations and partners benefit from successes and failures.
- Established a reliable research resource, and created Market Analysis, a unique document providing key financial and attendance data for the arts in Edinburgh
- Provided support for arts organisations ranging from business planning and recruitment to marketing and IT
- Encouraged and fostered collaboration amongst arts organisation and with other bodies such as community and tourism agencies.
TAB’s web site has been developed to promote the role and importance of audience development to the arts. It is aimed at all those currently working in the arts, or those who would like to know more about us and the work we do.